Aadhar Update – If You’ve changed your Residence and Still having the same Address in your Aadhar Card. You can easily change it to make your all work easier. UIDAI was giving a bunch of option of updating online Like Mobile Number, Name, Date of Birth/Year Etc. But Unfortunately, Now you can update Your Address only. You can update things like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number OFFLINE by Visiting Aadhar Enrollment Centre. In this Tutorial, you’re going to learn Step by step How an Address can be changed in Aadhar Card Online without Going anywhere outside Home.
You can change your Address in aadhar card easily online in 5 minutes. This post will guide you complete step by step. So Let’s Begin.
Aadhar Update – Change Address Online
To update your aadhar card (address) you need to have A mobile number which is already linked to your aadhar card. While changing Address in aadhar card an OTP Will be sent to the Mobile number which is Linked. If your Aadhar Card is not linked with Any Mobile number You can get it done by Visiting Aadhar Enrollment Centre. You can’t Link Any Mobile number with your aadhar card online also you can’t change mobile number in aadhar database online for this too you have to visit Aadhar Enrollment Centre. Let’s Clear Step by Step-
One thing you have to count on your fingers, You need to Have A Valid ID proof to change or update the address in aadhar card. The ID proof should necessarily have the New Address Which you want to change. Shot the Proof or Scan it And Upload when it asks you to upload. The ID Proof with the new address should be One of these:-
- Ration Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- NREGA Job Card
- Government ID Photo Card
- PSU Issued Service Photo Identity Card
- Arms License
- Photo ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Photo ID [Issued By Recognised Edu. Institute]
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Property Tax Receipt [Not older than One Year]
- Bank Statement/Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Electricity Bill [Not older than three months]
- Water Bill [Not older than three months]
- Telephone Landline Bill [Not older than three months]
- Credit Card Statement [Not older than three months]
- Insurance Policy
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
Also Read : How to Download Aadhar Card Online.
You can Use the Scanned copy of any of one Document to upload. I have personally used Electricity Bill Once & It got successfully updated within 6-7 Days.
Update Aadhar Online –
1. First Visit UIDAI official Website or Click Here.
2. Scroll Down a Little Bit & there’s a section Named Aadhar Update In this Section You’ll see some options.
3. Click on Aadhar Update Request (Online) A New page will open with some guidance to update but you don’t need to read because you’re here. Just Click On Proceed.
4. On the next Page, You will be asked to enter your Aadhar number in which You want to make changes. Enter Aadhar Number & Captcha & Click on Send OTP. (See Screenshot Below)
An OTP Will be sent to your existing Mobile Number. Enter the OTP in Next Screen & Click on LOGIN Button.
Now a Screen will be Shown Same As Given Below – Select Address As an option to Make Changes in Aadhar Card Online.
In the Next Screen, You have to Enter New Address Which You want to change or Update. Make sure to enter the New Address not the same mention in existing aadhar card.
Enter Full Address with Pincode, District & State After Filling all the Address Related Fields, Click on Submit Update Request.
On the Next Screen You have to upload A Document Which Has New Address & Should be Issued by Govt. We have already elaborated on this in the same Article [Abobe in the third Paragraph].
Select A ID proof which you’re going to upload & Click on Choose File & Select it from your Local Storage wherever it is located. You can Take the Help From Screenshot Given Below –
After Selecting File Click on Submit Button & Have Some patience it could take some seconds in uploading image [depend on your internet Connection Speed].
On next screen Select A BPO Service through which you want to get your request verified. You can choose anyone. It doesn’t throw any effect. Select Any BPO Service and click on Submit. BPO will verify your request if your change Request and Documents Match successfully Your address will be changed in aadhar card in 6-7 Days and you’ll be notified via SMS on your registered Mobile Number with Aadhar Card.
Now on the next Page, an Acknowledgement Number will be given to you. You can note it down or it will be sent automatically to your registered Mobile Number. acknowledgment Number can be used to track your Updation process. This feature is also available on the Official site of UIDAI.
Track Your Aadhar Update Online –
- Visit Here.
- Enter Aadhar number in which you’ve made changes & Enter URN Number. URN No is the Secondary Name of Acknowledgement Number.
- Enter Captcha & Click on GET STATUS.
This is All the process of Updating address in aadhar card online. This Process takes Almost 6-8 Days or it can take 2-3 Days more. It depends on the Load on UIDAI.
Comment Down Below If you have Any Querry Related to this Post.